Saturday, March 5, 2016

The Results Are In

After 3 or was it 4 months (minor details at this point) of trying to have an HSG done, FINALLY on Oct. 26, 2015 I had it done ... and the result were in, well sort of: some sort of tubal defects, but in the words of my doctor, "I'm sorry, but I just can't really tell you what's going on at this point." Wait what??? "I'm sorry doc., I didn't quite understand you the first time, could you please tell me that again?" Apparently, he saw from the test that there was a problem, but couldn't tell what exactly the problem was? What the heck does that mean?? There was something blocking the left tube, but the right was ok... or wait, no, the right might be partially blocked too... or maybe it was the left that looked like it may have collapsed in on itself, but couldn't quite be seen from the scan... or no, was is the other way around with the right being collapsed? My head was spinning at this point and nothing made sense (imagine what that was like when I went home and tried to explain all this to husband that night)... So, what did this all mean? Well, it meant surgery. SURGERY? Oh my gosh, is this really happening? Surgery is serious. And not just any little surgery with local anesthesia, but under general anesthesia and one that initially is going to be primarily exploratory in nature to find out "what was going on"... and then ultimately correct whatever's found. So again, no real answers. No.Real.Answers. Not even an answer as to what kind of surgery this will be or even how long it will take? At this point, my denial quickly lost all of it's traction... this was real: We are that couple who is the dreaded word "infertile"... and now I'm about to face surgery because of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment